If you are searching for childcare jobs online, then having a strong CV will be critical in obtaining a position at your desired childcare centre. A well developed CV will determine whether you will be invited for an interview and should therefore highlight your skills and experience, be well presented, and convey confidence to the reader in your ability to do the role.
The below childcare CV template will give you a guideline as to what to include and how to format your resume. Customise the below to fit your own personal experience and the childcare job you are applying for.
Jenny Adams CV
203 Church St, Richmond, VIC 3121
T: 04 81808180
A devoted and professional Early Childhood Educator with the ability to connect with children of all ages. Passionate about the childcare industry and helping children develop their social, emotional, intellectual and motor skills. I am a caring, hardworking and an enthusiastic childcare professional with strong communication and organisational skills. Currently looking for a childcare role that will continue to build upon my knowledge and experience.
Level 5 Diploma in Early Childhood Care
Selma Institute of Childcare
Year 12 High School
Melbourne Girls High School
Early Childhood Educator
Surrey Hills Early Learning Centre
Jan 2011 – Dec 2013
Planned and implemented daily learning and play activities for children aged 3 to 5 years.
- Created a safe learning environment for children to play in that is fun and clean
- Coordinated creative learning activities in line with the Early Childhood Framework
- Helped children develop their literacy and numeracy skills through interactive tasks
- Providing general care for infants and toddlers
- Liaised and developed rapport with parents
- Prepared learning stories and daily summaries on iPads
- Developed ‘Halloween’ creative program and supervised crafting sessions
- Demonstrated patience and understanding when dealing with difficult children
- Responsible for open and close of the centre
Jan 2009 – Nov 2010
- Cared for two children, six and four years of age
- Organised healthy lunches and cooked nutritious meals
- Planned creative play, craft work and learning activities to assist with the child development
- Transported children to and from day care and school
- Ensured the home and play environment was always clean and safe
- Created engaging age-appropriate activities to stimulate the children’s minds
- Performed light housekeeping duties including, laundry and general cleaning duties
- Nurtured strong relationships with parents and children that continues to this day
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, educate and care for two children’s lives for two years
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate (St Johns)
- Advanced Microsoft Office
- Drivers Licence
Cooking, travel, swimming and piano
Available on request.